Iona - Individual Final Post

My main strengths during the activity were working well as a team. I helped others and gave them advice when necessary. I always listened to other people’s suggestions and took them into account when planning and carrying out the activity. My weaknesses were working with people that I didn’t know well. This made it difficult to adjust to people’s way of working and behaviour. In future projects, this has taught me that it is important for each member of the group to have a specific job role to stick to to make things easier and keep it organised. It makes things easier for being in the workplace and social situations by working with different types of people and learning how to work as a team and ensure your role is done individually.


The main thing that I had hoped to achieve from this activity was to learn more social skills within a group as this is one of my weaknesses. I have learned to listen to other people’s opinions and take them into account as well as working with different types of people. Our group was a mixture of the two different levels and meant that I had to communicate with people that I did not know but after a couple of weeks this was much easier. This has helped me to communicate and work with people that I would not usually work with. I feel that I was not in the correct role during the event for my current skills as I am more comfortable with writing and would have been more suited as the minute taker. I am not very creative and was made advertiser and cake maker. However, this allowed me to develop these skills for the future.

Comments